Net.Shark is a FPGA based Tap with filtering capabilities, that connected in pass-through mode, is able to capure traffic at wire-speed. Packets are transmitted through two ports and traffic compliant with one of the filters is sent to Wireshark.
Wireshark is a network packet analyzer to examine communication network. Important features are: live packet data capture, display packets with very detailed protocol information, open/save data, import/export from/to other programs. It can search/filter data on many criteria. Wireshark is open source and probably the best packet analyzer available.
Features and Benefits
- World first hand-held, battery and 100% autonomous TAP
- Hardware (FPGA) performace
- Breaks out FDX traffic into separate streams to be dropped
- It may aggregates filtered traffic to one DROP port into a single output stream
- Traffic Regeneration
- Sixteen (16) simultaneous filters can be applied to the traffic.
- Ethernet source and destination MAC addresses
- Sselection of MAC address sets with masks
- Ethertype value with selection mask,
- VLAN-VID with selection mask,
- VLAN-CoS value with selection mask
- IP source, destination, and source-and-destination
- IP address group: subset of addresses filtered by masks
- Protocol encapsulated in the IP packet (TCP, UDP, Telnet, FTP, etc.)
- DSCP field, single value and range
- TCP/UDP port, single value and range
- Agnostics filters defined by 16 bits masks and user defined offset
- Lawful filter: 64 byte pattern match at any place in the frame payload.
- Any Wireshark user requiring GbE performance
- VoIP providers and installers
- R+D centers
- Law applications
First hand-held Tap in the market
Mirror ports may not provide 100% of network traffic if they are over-subscribed because this process works in background in low priority; moreover it may not even be available for use when necessary. It may also occur that to monitor multiple network channel or VLAN simultaneously and aggregate the data to your network analysis cannot be possible because of the complexity of the set up and execution process.
PCs executing protocol analyzers like Wireshark lack power capacity and traditional taps cannot be moved easily and always depend on another external device because are not self contained. Once you get the traffic there are still limitations such as FDX capture, jitterless timestamp, or field storage of captured data that may only be overcame with a hand-held field tap such Net.Shark.
AT.NShark.HHNetShark hand-held. Battery operated tap including 2 Line ports (SFP interfaces supporting 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 100BASE-FX, 1000BASE-T, 1000BASE-SX, 1000BASE-LX, 1000BASE-ZX), 2 Mirror ports (RJ45 interfaces including 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T), aggregation function in one mirror port, SD card storage in PCAP / PCAPNG format with hardware timestamps. Includes AC/DC adapter, transportation bag, two units of RJ45 SFP transceiver (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T).
AT.NShark.NSNetwork Search. Automatic detection of up 16 most frequent streams listed by IPV4, IPV6 VLAN and MAC.
AT.NShark.POEPower over Ethernet bridge. PoE / PoE+ pass through as per IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at.
AT.VNC.RCGraphical Remote Control. Based on VNC for Windows and Linux. Ethernet/IP remote control that duplicates the tester graphical user interface in a remote computer.
AT.SNMP.RCSNMP Remote Control and Automation. Based on SNMP protocol allows user to control the tester remotelly using SNMP queries.
AT.Wi-Fi.RCWi.Fi USB. Remote Control wireless interface to be used together with VNC.
AT.1000Sx.SFPSFP Adapter. 1.25 Gbps SFP, 850 nm, MMF, 500 m reach, w/ DDM, Duplex LC, 0 - 70ªC
AT.1000Lx.SFPSFP Adapter. 1.25 Gbps SFP, 1310 nm, SMF, 20 Km reach, w/ DDM, Duplex LC, 0 - 70ªC
AT.1000Zx.SFPSFP Adapter. 1.25 Gbps SFP, 1550 nm, SMF, 80 Km reach, w/ DDM, Duplex LC, 0 - 70ªC
AT.Elect.SFPSFP Adapter. 10/100/1000BT Electrical SFP transceiver, SGMII, 0 – 70ºC
AT.100Fx.SFPSFP Adapter 100FX. 125 Mbps SFP, 1310 nm, MMF, 2Km reach, w/ DDM, SGMII, Duplex LC, 0 – 70ºC
AT.20Car charger. Power adapter to charge the test unit from car battery.
Additional Lipo battery.